Lemon-Garlic Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
You could use any number of vegetables in this stir-fry. You could substitute blanched broccoli or cauliflower or sliced fresh mushrooms or zucchini for the chayote.
The Anaheim peppers could be sugar snap peas or frozen peas or fresh snow peas.
Lemon Garlic Veggie Stir-Fry
An easy veggie stir-fry recipe tossed all together in a vibrant lemon-garlic sauce. Dairy free!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 large chayote cubed
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large Anaheim peppers stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- Steamed brown rice sesame seeds, and cilantro sprouts (optional), for serving
- Make sauce. Combine stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, sherry, fish sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.1/2 cup vegetable stock or broth, 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon dry sherry, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Stir-fry vegetables. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Once shimmering add chayote and carrots and cook until beginning to get tender and browned in a few spots. Add peppers, ginger, garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic starts to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add sauce. Give sauce a quick stir to incorporate cornstarch again then, add to pan, stir to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, then remove from heat and serve with steamed brown rice, seasme seeds, and cilantro sprouts.